Viruses suck. We hate when we get as much as a cold (we have the dry skin on our obsessively washed hands to prove it), so you can imagine how seriously we have been taking our new little enemy, COVID-19.
While we have always embraced the weird here at Scummy Bears, we never expected things to actually get this weird.. These are unprecedented times friends, but our mission hasn't changed, and that's to unite and bring people together (even if it's just virtually/online for awhile while we are asked to stay apart).
Here is some of the stuff we are doing to keep things moving:
- Scummy Bears does not have a central office and all of us (you know, all 4 of us) work remotely even during normal times. So we are already chronic social distancers by choice :-D
- This includes our Ready to Ship warehouse which is currently run by one person (please send good vibes to Austin for getting it all done solo).
- ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ AUSTIN TAKE OUR ENERGY
- We are letting all incoming shipments of goods sit for 3 days to let any theoretical virus cooties disappear before we send them out to you guys.
- The majority of our merchandise is made in the USA and we have been reassured by our manufacturing partner they are doing everything they can (like sanitizing and giving their peeps sick leave) to keep things in tip top shape.
- We made sure our overseas manufacturer did not feel pressure from us to come back to work when things were going crazy over there.
- We have stopped licking doorknobs (this was only one of us but we had an intervention).
Here is a FAQ in case you still got questions:
ARE YOU STILL ACCEPTING & SHIPPING ONLINE ORDERS?
Yep. There is slight delay on Made to Order items due to the circumstances (10-20 days processing time), but we are still accepting orders and shipping Made to Order items. Ready To Ship items are still leaving our warehouse in 1-2 business days as normal.
IS CUSTOMER SERVICE STILL OPEN?
Yep. Our customer service hours are normally MON-FRI, but we have been working nights and weekends to respond to everyone writing in. Please allow a little extra time for a response, but we are still here for any questions or order concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW CAN I STAY UP TO DATE ON THE COVID-19 SITUATION AND SCUMMY BEARS?
Make sure you are following our Instagram @scummy.bears and are on our mailing list and we will be sure to let you know is any weird sh*t starts going down.
HOW CAN I HELP
Don't be one of those young tools and go out right now. Social Distance the shit out of your friends and fam and this will all blow over a lot faster. Stay educated, but don't get obsessive. Eat well and keep your mind right while locked up. Don't panic and we will be back at festivals together before you know it!
CLICK TO BE PART OF THE MOVEMENT